I’ve designed the course based on the old schools of early Australian artists. They in turn applied what they learned in the old countries of Europe.
The art I teach is:
- Traditional (classic school that goes back to the renaissance)
- Representative (not abstract) and
- Realistic (We paint what we see) style.
- There is a degree of impressionism in my art that separates the photo from a work of art.
We gather every week (… and that has been going on for over 30 years). We paint together, learn from each other and teach every one that comes along wanting to learn. We grow and nurture our market, organize our own exhibitions and SELL our art.
Art Classes, days and times:
All year classes from January to December
- Saturdays, 4:00 to 6:00 pm. Kids 6 to 9.*
- Saturdays, 5:00 to 7:00 pm. Mixed 9 to 12 y/o.
- Saturdays, 6:00 to 9:00 pm. 13+ Adults.*
- Sundays, 6:00 to 8:00 pm. TBA.*
(*) This classes will open gradually as covid19 eases.
You have the choice of 1) drawing, 2) oil painting or 3) soft pastels. I suggest to do drawing first, since it forms the base for all other forms. Nevertheless I teach the fundamentals of light, form and tonal values in all classes. So, you can do them in any order to your own convenience.
- $15.00 per hour. 2 hours for kids, 3 hours for adults.
- Discounts of 10% for 10 classes.
- All art supplies available in our premises at a 20% to 30% off retail prices.
to reserve your place
Ring 0401 128 334 or book at:
Michelangelo Fine Art School*, a lifestyle of creativity
- The registration fee covers your first class and some materials as needed.
- Let us know if you can’t make it or wish to change day/time.
I teach individually. That means everyone follows the same basic system but at their own pace and with their own choice of subject, be it portrait or anything else.
The mediums I teach are
OILS, GRAPHITE, SOFT PASTELS, and CHARCOAL.
- To learn the basic techniques on how to paint portraits takes approximately two months of weekly 3 hr sessions.
- It takes the same in any medium, so if you want to learn pencil portrait drawing, it’s 2 months, monochrome 2 months and full colour oil painting, 2 months.
So your learning can take anywhere from two to six months, depending which medium/s you want to learn.
After that learning period you can paint as part of the group for $20.00 instead of $30 per session.
Many people find that continuing is very helpful because they still continue learning faster than on their own, get help if needed and find lots of motivation.
The course involves me painting or drawing one portrait in front of you and showing you how to do it, step by step. Then you do about half of the next portrait and I help with the difficult bits. The third portrait you will try to do it all by yourself and I only make suggestions. Some people need more than three portraits, some less. But in any case after that period, you will know the basics. It just depends on how much you practise after, how good you get. All my students get work and paid commissions of one kind or another soon after completion of the course. Many also win art prices, which is comforting to know and also more than justifies the cost.
(Ring up, Contact Us or come during business hours for registration and enquiries)